Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat cookies
Being a dietitian, lots of people assume I have a wealth of original recipes in my back pocket. Although I love helping moms understand nutrition for themselves and their kiddos, complicated recipes just are not my thing. I’m a busy working mama who likes to feed my family healthy meals that are super easy and quick.
What I do love to spend some time on is baking yummy vegan treats to share with friends and family. I have been making this cookie recipe for years and it always goes over very well. It’s one of those, "this is vegan? really?" kind of recipes.
I hope you enjoy it!
Peanut butter, chocolate chip, oat cookies:
(recipe makes about 12 cookies)
1 cup crunchy peanut butter (sub sunflower butter for nut allergies)
7 tablespoons canola oil
2 cups light brown sugar
1 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
4 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat 375
2. Stir together the first 4 ingredients
3. In another bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt
4. Stir that bowl into the batter
5. Stir in oats and chocolate chips
6. Spoon batter onto parchment lined baking sheet
7. Bake for 10 min
8. Eat as many as you like without guilt. :-)